Help for Members Impacted by the Winter Storm and Flooding in California
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in California and are impacted by the winter storm and flooding emergency. The changes are in effect from January 4, 2023, through February 2, 2023.
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated by their state or local agency, but who do not reside in the impacted area.
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 1-866-926-8078. We are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available dentists and other dental plan questions.
Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any dentist even if they are not in your plan's network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan's network.
- If your dentist's office or dental care facility is closed because of the fires or extreme hot weather, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 1-866-926-8078. We can help you find another dentist.
Preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
Filing a claim
- You and your dentists have more time to file claims. Call us at 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
Dental plan premiums
- If you receive a bill directly from Golden West for your monthly insurance premium and are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 1-866-926-8078 to discuss options.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for the entire state of California from January 4, 2023, through February 2, 2023. The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated by the state or local agency, but who do not reside in the impacted area.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
If you need additional support, please call us at 1-866-926-8078.