Help for Members Impacted by Winter Storms in California
February 2, 2021
We are here to help you find and receive care when you need it during a crisis. Please call 1-866-926-8078, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., for help finding available dentists or other dental insurance-related matters.
We are making temporary changes to dental plan benefits to provide relief for members in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties who must temporarily leave their homes due to the winter storms. These changes are in effect from January 29, 2021, through February 28, 2021.
If you need healthcare right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any dentist, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your dentist’s office is closed because of the fires or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 1-866-926-8078. We can help you find another dentist.
If you need pre-approvals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won’t be any late fees. Call 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
If you need to file a claim
- You and your dentists have more time to file claims. Call us at 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
If you need additional support
- If you receive a bill directly from Golden West for your monthly insurance premium and you are experiencing financial difficulties due to the crisis, please call us to discuss options. During the emergency, you have an additional 30-day grace period to pay your monthly premium.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who live in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties and who must temporarily leave their homes due to the winter storms. The changes are in effect from January 29, 2021, through February 28, 2021.
This time period may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
If you need additional support, please call us at 1-866-926-8078.