Help for Members Impacted by Wildfires in California
We are making temporary changes to dental plan benefits to provide relief for members who must leave their homes due to the effects of the current wildfire emergency:
- For members who live in Alpine, Butte, Lassen, and Plumas counties, these changes are in effect from July 23, 2021, through August 21, 2021. (Note: This Is an extension for Lassen and Plumas counties. Their original effective dates were July 16, 2021, through August 14, 2021.)
- For members who live in Siskiyou County, these changes are in effect from July 16, 2021, through August 14, 2021.
If you need assistance during this emergency, please call us at 1-866-926-8078, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available dentist or other dental plan questions.
If you need health care right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any dentist, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your dentist’s office is closed because of the fires or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 1-866-926-8078. We can help you find another dentist.
If you need pre-approvals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
If you need to file a claim
- You and your dentists have more time to file claims. Call us at 1-866-926-8078 if you need an extension.
If you need additional support
- If you receive a bill directly from Golden West for your monthly insurance premium and are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 1-866-926-8078 to discuss options.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who reside in Alpine, Butte, Lassen, Plumas, and Siskiyou counties in California and who must temporarily leave their home due to the wildfire emergency.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
If you need additional support, please call us at 1-866-926-8078.
For additional support during the wildfires, check these links to state resources: